Artists and designers are agents of change, often taking the lead in responding to environmental or societal challenges. The Environmental art and design prize brings together a dynamic community of artists, designers and audiences who care deeply about our future.
Each year, we invite audiences to explore the diverse ways artists and designers Australia-wide have interpreted our unique Australian landscape, responded to our climate emergency and advocated for our planet through their creative practices.
Prize pool of $42,000 includes:
- $5,000 for each of the Open categories
- $2,000 for each of the Young Artists & Designers categories
- $3,000 for the People's Choice Awards.
Call-out open: 17 Mar - 14 May 2023
Exhibition dates: 4 – 27 August 2023
The Prize categories are:
- Ceramics & small sculpture
- Interdisciplinary collaboration
- Painting & mixed media
- Works on paper & photography
- Wearable design
- Functional design
- Young artists and designers 7-12 years and 13 - 18 years.
Winners from each category are awarded by an expert panel of judges.
Entries are now closed.