For more information on any of the programs below, please email the Youth Development Team.
Youth Advisory Group
These young people aged 12 - 24 represent the 5 wards of the Northern Beaches and help shape the future of our community for Young People.
The objectives of the Group are to:
- Represent the voices of young people (12-24 years) in the Northern Beaches Local Government Area on important matters for young people.
- Identify and implement actions to improve the participation of young people and advocacy in local government planning and processes.
- Empower young people through leadership, training and development opportunities.
- Contribute to identified actions in Council’s Youth Voice Action Plan 2028 and other projects identified by the Group.
If you’re a street artist on the Northern Beaches, we want you to know that graffiti culture has a place in our community. Street art floods drab corners with colour and light. It expresses identity and friendship and builds a sense of place.
Street Art programs
Street Art programs are run at various locations across the northern beaches. Email the Youth Development Team for details.
Find a legal graffiti wall
Grab your cans and show your true colours at one of the Northern Beaches legal graffiti walls:
- Allambie Oval soccer wall, Allambie Road
- Millers Reserve soccer wall, Campbell Parade
- Collaroy Plateau Oval soccer wall, Blandford Street
- Wyatt Reserve soccer wall, Belrose
- Passmore Reserve, Manly Vale (amenities block – wall facing road only)
Do the right thing
The Northern Beaches is one of the few areas that maintains legal graffiti walls and operates street art programs - so please do the right thing. Keep your tags off restricted places. Don’t paint surrounding structures and please put your used graffiti materials in a bin or take them home with you.
Know the laws
There are laws about carrying graffiti implements such as spray cans and markers so familiarise yourself with these before using the legal walls. Street art is restricted in many places - if you disregard this, you could get in trouble with the law and with members of the community.
Bands & musicians
Being able to play at a band night is a great way to get your music out there. Come along and hear new live and local music at one of our various under 18 and All Ages gigs. Send the Youth Team an email with your demo and a bio if you’d like to play at an upcoming gig or sign up to our Northern Composure Band Competition or Acoustic Competition. All gigs include security and remember no drugs, no alcohol, no pass-outs.
Libraries Student Volunteer Program
Northern Beaches Libraries accept applications for student volunteers 15 years of age or older completing their Gold, Silver or Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award.
To register your interest in volunteering please complete a Student Volunteer Interest Application Form. Please ensure your form has been signed by a parent/guardian and send it via email or drop it off at your local Library branch. Our Youth Librarian will be in contact upon receipt of your application