Family Connect and Support
Family Connect and Support provides support to you and your family.
They link young people, children and families to culturally sensitive services in your local area.
- Domestic violence
- Migrant and Settlement
- Financial assistance
- Counselling and mediation
- Child and Parenting programs
- Youth support
- Housing and accommodation
- Mental health support
- and any other services you may need.
Access the service by telephone, email or visit our offices. They can arrange to meet with you in your home or somewhere convenient for you. They can also provide free interpreters.
Address: 40 Merrenburn Ave, Naremburn
Enquiries: 1800 066 757 (8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday – excluding Public Holidays)
Northern Beaches Family Support Service
This service supports parents and carers to give children the best start in life and to reach their full potential.
- Advice, information and referrals
- Case management and support with family functioning
- Child and parent programs
- Parenting skills groups for women
- Supported playgroup
For further information, please call Northern Beaches Family Support (Women and Children First) on 9971 4499 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to find information and resources
A reliable website supported by the Australian Government. It has parenting videos, articles and apps backed by Australian experts.
Resourcing Parents is a NSW Government website with resources and service information for parents and professionals.
- Relationships NSW - Lockdown Parenting Resource Guide
- Directory of local Child and Youth Mental Health Services in the Northern Sydney area.
- Bouncing Back - Resource created by Launch Housing's Homeless Children's Specialist Support Service in Victoria. Reprinted by LNS Domestic Violence Network with updated resources page to be relevant to NSW and Northern Sydney.
- "Wash Wash Wash Your Hands" Peppa Pig video from World Health Organisation