The Environmental grant stream has been established to meet the community interest and provide financial support for environmental and sustainability issues in our Council area.
Please see the Community Grants Program Guidelines for eligibility, objectives and assessment criteria.
- Applications open 11am Monday 16 March 2020
- Applications close 3pm Tuesday 30 June 2020
- Funding distributed October 2020
- Projects delivered October 2020 – 31 December 2021
This stream has a total pool of $50,000 and will be offered under the following two categories:
Up to $2,000 ($10,000 in total) available.
The program timeline for the Eco-School grants has been developed to the calendar year in line with school programming, meaning applications have closed and are currently being assessed. Find out more
Up to $40,000 in total available.
- Tier 1 – up to $2,500
- Tier 2 – up to $10,000
Eligible applicants may submit more than one application for consideration, however they cannot receive funding for more than one application.
The objective of the Environmental grants stream is to assist Council and to support the community to deliver the aspirations and commitments in our recently adopted Protect. Create. Live - Northern Beaches Environment and Climate Change Strategy.
Applicants are encouraged to read the Strategy and align proposed projects to its themes and goals.
This program covers three categories:
1. Restoration and protection projects that support:
- Bushland and biodiversity
- Coastal and estuarine environments
- Natural creeks and waterways
2. Resource efficiency and sustainability projects including climate change initiatives, environmental resilience projects, and projects that support energy efficiency and carbon reductions, water savings and re-use, and waste reduction and recycling
3. Sustainability education, across all areas.
The Environmental grant stream will support projects that clearly demonstrate and support:
- Protection of the natural environment
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- A reduction in resource consumption such as water or energy or a reduction in waste generation
- An increase in sustainable behaviours in the community
- Alignment with the commitments and aspirations in Council’s Protect. Create. Live – Northern Beaches Environment and Climate Change Strategy.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a clear rationale for the initiative with key deliverables stated
- Addressing at least one of the funding priority areas
- Demonstrates a positive environmental impact in the short and long term including how this will be measured
- Capacity of the individual or organisation and its management to deliver a well-planned project
- Longevity of the initiative – how long will your initiative continue after the funding has been expended?
- Other benefits derived including social, progress/ leadership, educational and economic
- Relevant qualifications and/or a demonstrated history of professional practice for all key personnel involved
- A realistic budget with all income and expenditure identified, and capacity to manage funds.
- Original, innovative ideas and approaches
- Evidence of partnerships with other organisations
- Applications that address more than one program outcome and/or priority
Information and Grant Writing Sessions
Due to the risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and acting on advice of lead NSW and Federal health authorities, Council has taken the precautionary decision to cancel the advertised grants information sessions grant writing sessions. Our top priority is the health and safety of our staff and community. These are difficult circumstances and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
For more information and application support please call 9942 2914 or email email@example.com