Council has established an emergency grant program for community groups to support those affected by the impact of COVID -19 (coronavirus) on the Northern Beaches.
COVID-19 Community Response Grant rounds have now closed with 19 local community organisations receiving funding between May and August 2020. View the recipients of the grant program.
COVID-19 Community Response Grants
The grant addresses immediate needs within the community arising from COVID-19, by funding eligible community organisations and charities to continue to deliver, expand and introduce new programs, initiatives and services to the Northern Beaches community.
This short-term grant program is intended to fill the gap for community groups requiring support, alongside federal and state government initiatives.
Proposals must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Assist organisations serving vulnerable populations with basic needs (including food supplies, financial hardship, accommodation and social isolation etc.) where they have seen an increase in demand due to COVID-19
- Expand current service delivery or establish new services to support community members impacted by COVID-19, particularly around increased levels of unemployment
- Assist organisations experiencing volunteer gaps due to quarantines, loss of volunteers and social distancing
- Projects that address increased homelessness issues, particularly rough sleepers
- Projects that address increased social isolation
- Projects that address mental health impacts of COVID-19.
Please review the COVID-19 Community Response Grants Guidelines for detailed information including eligibility and assessment criteria.
Applications open 10am on Friday 22 May. Applications will be reviewed and assessed on a regular basis commencing Friday 5 June. Organisations will be notified as soon as possible as to the outcome of their application.
Applications have now closed.
$5,000 - $15,000 (excl. GST) available per organisation.
This grant program is separate to the annual Community Grants Program and organisations are encouraged to apply for Council’s other annual grant programs for projects not directly related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View the recipients of the grant program.
For more information and application support please email: email@example.com