There are so many great ways you can get involved in your community – you can volunteer, or try something new while meeting new people:
- Community Directory: Find detailed information about local community services, organisations and groups.
- Culture Map: Check out this online map plotting the location of cultural and creative resources, businesses and events within the Northern Beaches.
- Course and Activity Directory: Find a huge range of activities and courses held in 38 Community Centres across the Northern Beaches.
- Bushcare groups: Join one of our Bushcare groups who work hard to rehabilitate our natural bushland.
- Aboriginal Heritage Office Site Monitoring: Become a Volunteer Site Monitor and monitor for any change, damage or potential risk at an allocated aboriginal heritage site.
- Cemetery gardening: Join one our cemetery gardening groups for gentle weeding on the graves in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- Local libraries: Find out what’s happening in our six local libraries.
- What’s on: Find out what’s going on in the Northern Beaches for you to get involved in.
Give something back
As well as making a difference to the lives of others, volunteering helps you to develop skills, create new social networks, meet like-minded people and be actively engaged in the community.